Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FUEL CELL with TBI questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by juanblzer, May 16, 2003.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I just picked up this 20gal alum. fuel cell from Laketex and I am wondering what lines go where. It has two ports on top and two on the bottom sump. I know I need a return line and a feed line. How do I tell which is which? Anyone ever do this? Oh and how close to the tank do I run the external fuel pump? Is it possible to use the in tank fuel pump fromt the donor. The cell has foam in it now does that make a difference? Thanks in advance.

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

The 2 ports on the bottom are feeds. As for the 2 on the top, 1 is for return, and the other is for a vent. You need to buy a tip velve for the vent. The summit part # is SUM-G3114 its 20 bucks. The tip valve closes the vent in the event of a rollover. You will need to run an external pump. You want to mount the pump as close as possible to the fuel cell, and mount it below the cell if possible. Dont remove the foam, the foam prevents the fuel from sloshing around when you are bouncing off of rocks.

Dan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

How do I tell which one is the return or the vent? One seems to have a wierd metal thing in it. Does it matter which feed line I use?