Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Cell

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by drofdar, Jun 25, 2005.

1. drofdar

drofdar 1/2 ton status

My 1980 Fullsize has the dual saddle tanks. 22 gal ea, I think. I'd like to replace them with a cell under the bed where the spare used to be. Does anyone make a tank to fit this application? It would be great to get one with at least 30 gallons so I don't lose too much range. As long as I can still have good clearance, that is.

2. LongIslander26

LongIslander26 1/2 ton status

You can mount a suburban gas tank where the spare went, and they come in sizes of up to about 35 gallons. Some aftermarket companies make them to about 45 gallons. The good thing about this is you can buy stock gas lines for a suburban to replumb the system with, and it's all a direct bolt right in deal.

3. drofdar

drofdar 1/2 ton status

Fuel Tank

That's great. I wonder if I can get a later model tank for fuel injection and have the in tank pump and return lines? I am going to switch to TBI on my new 383 build. Maybe GM would have the info on that.

4. LongIslander26

LongIslander26 1/2 ton status

It should be a straight swap.

it should be a straight swap, they used the same frame after they started using fuel injection.