Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel cooler

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by milspecjimmy, Oct 30, 2002.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i am looking for info on building a fuel cooler, not a cool can , but something on the return side so i dont get a "HOT TANK" condition, thanks
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I wonder if you could try like a tranny cooler in front of the radiator?

3. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

thats one idea, but this is for when the car is in traffic. with the fuel system in mind the car will cycle the entire tank through the pump, into the fuel rail and back into the tank in about 10 mins, this heats up al of the gas and baisicly creats a "hottank" condition. any one have experiance with boats or high hp cars with super chargers? this is not an issue yet, but it will be. i cant fill you in too much on the details but i can say its a 97 viper gts, two huge turbos, and a lot of dough. were trying to figure out any problems that may exist before we do any thing. once the project is completely mapped out it will begin. oh yeah and the car is already in its warm garage, waiting for the surgery
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I think Summit racing has stuff like a cooler with a fan already mounted to it. That might be an idea.

[​IMG]