Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel delivery question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tiger9297, Nov 6, 2004.

1. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Have a 90' K-5, about to rebuild engine. Would like to get 400+ hp but want a good smooth running RELIABLE engine. Daily driver. Stock TBI is horrible as you know. I assume I can't go with a carb. b/c of the computer stuff. The multipoint systems are $2000+. I know I'm not the only one that has had this problem. Sucks that there really doesn't seem to be very many options out there. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

You can go carb. You just remove the TBI FI stuff (complete and sell it) and then add on a carb manifold, carb distributor, and carb.

If you stay with the stock TBI fuel pump you can put a fuel pressure regulator on and the extra fuel will return to the tank.

If you are building a motor then just make sure you get a set of carb (86 and earlier) heads so you can have a wide section of manifolds.

I am a HUGE fan of multiport FI but if you can't afford it you can't afford it. I used to run a carb and I don't think I will ever run one on a offroad truck again after having a MPFI system.

Harley