Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Delivery

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79Stomper, Jun 28, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Mar 4, 2004
    All right. Spent the weekend wheeling up in Uwharrie. I tended to be the one who held everyone up due to carb problems. I am running an Edelbrock 1406 with the offroad kit installed in it. Now every I would hit a good size obstacle I would stall out due to the carb. I am thinking Fuel Injection but honestly I don't have the money for that so I am considering going back to a Q-Jet carb. What do you guys think. It has been a few years since I run a Q Jet and have kind of forgoten what they are like offroad.

The Edelbrock handled fine when it was bumpy, only screwed up when I hit a incline and it would stall out /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
  2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Jul 22, 2001
    The one I ran for 2 months I borrowed from a friend, it was a 1405 I think, ran like that. I firmly believe speed shop carbs don't work good off road. I rebuilt my original Q-jet and all was fine. Replaced that one with a new one ( original needs bushed ) and still have no problems. If you can't afford injection, a Q-Jet is perfect. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
  3. retroblazer

retroblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Nov 30, 2003
    Due you know what your fuel pressure is and have you put a vent extension tube on? Since the carb is new, you might as well try to make it work.