Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel delivery ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Brady, Sep 22, 2000.

1. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I am having problems with fuel delivery.When my rig sits overnight it won't start with out pouring gas in the carb.It also will not keep the filter full(clear filter).I just put a new pump on tonight and it did not help.I don't have any leaks fixed them already.Could it be the cam?Any ideas would help and be appreciated.Brady

2. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sounds like a carb problem ( if you have a carb )Sounds like it's leaking fuel into the engine .Does your oil smell gassy ??

3. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I have this same problem, my fuel line goes dry, not overnight but over the course of 3-4 days I will have to prime the fuel pump by dribbling fuel down the line and fill it from the pump to the top then attach it to the carb.
    My oil has never smelled gassy, I was wondering if the needle and seat on the float has a good seat, would that cause this problem???
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

It kinda sounds like a leak from one of your fuel lines. I would think its like a siphon, when you let air in it loses "suction" letting liquid back into the tank. Have you checked all the fittings? How about pinhole leaks in the line? Also is the gas cap sealing? Loss of vacum and pressure here could be a little bugger. Just a thought.

5. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

on older models like mine it really doesn't matter about the gas cap because there is a breather vent on top of the tank that allows atmospheric pressure to stabilize inside the tank. On your diesel and fuel injected vehicles there is a sealed system with a return line, this is when the cap is critical.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

6. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I think I found the problem.Way up on top of the fuel tank there is a little leak in the feed line.Too bad the parts store and truevalue are closed already!I'll have to fix it tomorrow and see if that is it.Probally rebuild carb again also.Brady P.s. anyone with ford shock mounts see my post called ford shock mount ?thanks!!

'73Beautiful Disaster