Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel droplets forming at base of injectors. Normal? *pic*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by y5mgisi, Dec 27, 2006.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

On both injectors there are droplets of fuel that form and ultimatly fall into the motor(which im thinking/hoping is a sorce of my surging at idle problem). Does anyone know if this is actually a normal thing or what would cause this? Also i do have a 1/4" injector pod spacer on it if that makes any difference.
    Drops form where the arrow is...
    [​IMG]

2. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

ok, not to hijack, but aside from potentially making the pod leak, have you been happy with the spacer. i've considered it for my '94.

are the screws snug and tightened in the proper sequence? have you checked the pressure regulator? it's possible that the plastic spacer expands to fit when the engine is hot, but once it cools, the plastic shrinks more than the metal and allows seeping. just a thought.

3. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

I actually just finally found the allen wrench i needed to fit the screws and they were a bit loose. I tightned them back up and it still drips but seams like not as bad. As far as the spacer and my thoughts on it, It was a prety easy install. I cant say that i noticed any power diference, but it was like 7 dollars and im sure it couldnt hurt performance/mpg.

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

No idea aboot the droplets but my 87 used to surge at idle and I changed the TPS and it smoothed right out. It was aboot $20 and 2 screws and 15 minutes.

Ira

5. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

It ran fine before the motor rebuild though. I suppose its possible for it to have gone out between the last time i fired it up before the rebuild and the firstime i fired it up after, but its just hard to belive. On your 87 did it surge anywhere else? or just idle

6. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Shouldn't have any dripping happening... I'd be rebuilding the injector pod, and getting the injectors checked out.

7. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Only at idle. You can check the voltages on it with a multimeter Dyeager should be able to give you the spec he knows all kinda **** like that:D.

Ira

8. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

testing the TPS and rebuilding the pod/new injectors will be my next step then i think.

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

dont forget those old systems are so hard to throw a code when sensor has problems. best to check them your self if you think there is a problem. and x2 no gas from there at all. if you get new injectors best get a matched flow tested set.

10. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status