Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel filler hose

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AkMudr, Feb 20, 2005.

1. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Wheres the best place to get 2 1/4 filler hose, need a straight length 4" , prefer beefy and somewhat flexible.

Anyone use the NHRA approved clear stuff?

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

most parts stores won't sell you anything less than a 4' length. And it's usally like $13/foot. At least around here, I called 5 or six pars stores from Napa to the local store...all the same story.."have to order it, comes in 4' lenghts..$13/foot.."

3. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Exactly why I made a post here. I'll be damned if I'm shellin out 16/foot (local price) Hopefully someone knows a good place to get it.

4. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

try summit racing equipment! or if you can find a part# even if it's not in the catalog they probably stock it:D

5. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Only ting Ive found so far is the NHRA approved clear **** outta Jegs for $40 I might end up rockin that but we'll see what happens.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

It IS pricey...

We sold it by the foot where I worked,our parts store was also a large truck parts supplier(big rigs,18 wheelers)--it was about 10-15 bucks a foot 10 years ago,I doubt if its any cheaper now--we had lots of people looking to buy some,but balked at the price--so I used to sell them some exhaust pipe elbows and they would use that for most of the run,and join it with peices of their old hose,or just a foot of new hose and clamps..
    .more than one customer used "vulco-flex" gates green stripe radiator hose with no problems,I myself have used nothing more than used radiator hoses to plumb my tank on a flatbed I built--it got hard as a rock,but hasnt leaked in 8 years(yet!)--I'm not sure if gas will dissolve the rubber radiator hose,I havent seen any peices in my see-thru gas filter...the right stuff is always best--A few guys went to the junkyard and scored some cheap there off later model trucks,sometimes used parts is good parts--and cheaper too!..

7. JonV

JonV Registered Member

I bought a new one at the chevy dealer. Price was reasonable.