Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Filler Hose!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BIGBAMA74K5, Mar 8, 2003.

1. BIGBAMA74K5

BIGBAMA74K5 Newbie

Hey all. It has been a long time since I posted something. So long that I forgot my login name a password. Anyway, it is great to be back. Here is my question. I just recently finished installing a 4in. shackle flip on my 74 K5. In the process, I managed to tear up the fuel filler hose that runs from the fuel filler neck to the tank. I tried all of the local parts stores and nobody had the right size, most of them did not have anything. Well I had some at the house that was bigger but I thought I could clamp it down tight enough to make it work. I was wrong. I stopped this morning to put gas in it and succeeded in putting about $1.00 worth of 93 octane on the ground of the gas station. Does anybody know were I can get the original size hose for a 1974 K5? I thought about LMC but I do not have a catalog handy right now. As always, your help will be very appreciated.

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Look in the phone book for hose suppliers in your area. I bought some hose like they use for "fuel" trucks that was the right ID and is much better than the stock stuff.

3. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I got mine from Car Quest, But mine is an 83 so I don't know if that makes a differance.

Eric

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I don't think most places can get smaller than 1.25" ID.
    I just used that and cinched it up with the hose clamp till it fit.

At least you don't have any fuel filler hose in the cab!

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I got mine at NAPA...one napa didnt have it, had to try another one.