Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel filler neck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gravdigr, May 16, 2003.

1. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Anyone have any idea where I can find one of these for a 79 K5? I have tried LMC, classic industries and a few other different places and nothing. LMC does have one listed for 81 and up blazers but would this work on my 79? When I got this rig it had no gas tank or the filler neck and hose.

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

jc whitney should have them

3. 79Jimmy

79Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Got mine at the dealership /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif IIRC the only difference between the years is the tube diameter at the hose end. The 79 one necks down whereas the later ones dont. I got one for my 79 before I got a newer 91 tank which meant the diameters were different. This is where the luck comes in. I needed a new rubber line to conect the two anyways so I was racking my brain looking for some sort of reducer or adapter solution. I looked at it one more time and though "That filler neck, before the neckdown, looks pretty close to the diameter of the tanks tube. Sure enough it was pretty close. A quick trip down to the local marine hardware store for some 2" fuel hose, a few inches longer than stock, and some new hose clamps and I was in business /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Long story short, a 79 filler neck can be made to work all the way up to 91 /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

James

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I got a new fuel tank and it is for a 79 so it would prolly have the narrow neck. I guess I could try a 81+ filler neck and try to reduce it if I can't get a 79 one. I jus checked JC whitney no go there.