Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel filter/carb gasket(Quadjet)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BowtieBlazer, Jan 8, 2002.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know where I can find the right gasket for the fuel filter shroud on my qudjet carb. The guys always point me towards the help section but the ones that are supposed to fit, don't. I noticed that every now and then a drop of gas drips from that shroud onto the intake because i do not have the proper gasket. What do you do? If you have a part number or ideas I'd apprciate it.

Granny LOW and let her GO!!
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

2. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

what type of gasket are you talking about? Dont the peices just screw into the carb? Have you tried using some teflon pipe tape to seal the threads?

My 73 K5 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm>http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm</a> 350/TH350/NP203, Q-jet, Edelbrock intake, Vortec heads, 4" lift, and 36" TSL's

3. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

That's what I did.....

84 K5, Crate 350, 700r tranny, 3.73 rear, 32 11.50 15, Q-jet

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

If I remember right gasoline will eat teflon tape in no time. The peices do indeed screw into the carb but if I remember right when i first bought the truck there was very thin flat o-ring type gasket there. (This gasket would be between the "filter cup" and the carb not the gas line and the cup) I just dont know that i'll feel safe knowing my baby could go up in flames from a missing gasket and gas hitting a hot intake....guess i'll give teflon tape a try for now...

Granny LOW and let her GO!!
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

5. ironmikek5

ironmikek5 1/2 ton status

I've never used a gasket, and didn't see any when removing the quads from my Blazer &amp; Jimmy.

I got some "fuel system sealer" tape from Autozone for a couple of bucks, it has never leaked a drop.

<font color=red>I will not tolerate intolerance </font color=red>[​IMG]

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i used teflon tape. no problems here.

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5
    World's Ugliest Lawn Ornament
    [​IMG] CK5's Moab 2002 or Bust!! [​IMG]