Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel filter location ??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SHAWNSTER, Oct 2, 2006.

1. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

should I use a 2nd fuel filter for my 62 cadi- the 1st one is at the carb-a metal unit- my tank was sealed up a long time ago and some of the stuff is flaking off(cant be sealed again so) I was talking to a cadi guy and my buddy and they both thank that there wont be enough fp for both filters- the guy that I took the tank to says that he used a metal unit between hard line and tank with one of those magnet filters, but on my car there is no room for it-there is hard line all the way to the tank-what do yall guys suggest

thanks

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If the filter is a good one with no bypass, I'd probably just look to replace it every so many miles of driving.

If you want magnet filtering ability, go grab a couple of bad computer hard drives, bust them open (or drill the tiny screws out) and take the magnets out of there. They are just about strong enough to hold to themselves through the thickness of your hand, and will NOT come off of the oil or fuel filter until you pull them, guaranteed.

3. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

i put 2 on my k5. one about 6" before the fuel pump, and one about a foot from the quadrajet. it originally had the in-carb filter, but that's more restrictive and more of a pain to replace than the kind i installed. no pressure issues, at all. works just fine.