Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Filter Location

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confederate9, Sep 25, 2000.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

ok i need a new fluel filter, but i have no clue where to locate mine. i have a stock 305 in my 85 k5 sliverado edition
    can someone tell me where its at? thanks guys

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    "DONT BE PROUD IF IT AINT LOUD!"

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Well, if its in the same location as Suburbans, it'll be on your inner right side frame rail, about under the passenger side door. Good luck!

ken

3. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

and if it's not there. try looking in the carb where the fuel line goes into it.

phil

4. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Also try looking on the inner frame rail of the driver's side, that's where my truck's is located. Stick your head under the door and look back towards the outside of your blazer, it should be tucked inside the frame rail.

Diesel

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.[​IMG]

5. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

If you have the stock Q-Jet, it should be in the carb. My '86 is like this. If your facing the front of the rig, the front left corner of the carb is probably where the fuel line goes into the carb. You'll see two nuts there for removing the filter that inserts into the carb slightly. But, this varies depending on Qjet. Like mentioned before, follow the fuel line. I'd say yours is closer to the carb than the posts about frame rail mounts. That's usually in a FI system.

Good Luck,
    <font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure its ony in the framerails if its a TBI

90K5

7. scavenger

scavenger 1/2 ton status

I also have an 85 K5 Silverado with the 305 motor with the Quadrajet Carb and the fuel filter is located where another member stated it would be....as you are llooking at your motor standing in front of it the fuel filter is at the front left side. You will see where the metal fuel line goes into the carb. If I remember correctly it will take the long paper filter. I don't recall 85's having fuel injection.