Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel filter madness.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Anyone else put a fuel filter in line befor the fuel pump, and another in line befor the carb, as well as the one in the carb ??? Yes, it's fuel filter madness !!! LOL.

2. blaznjon

blaznjon 1/2 ton status

Hope this doesn`t give you fuel filter envy.My POS truck I use for work has Two filters one for each tank before the switching valve,one after the valve,one after the pump,one in the carb.Why?.Because my 77c10 is a theft recovery,that got recovered out of a river bed.I`ve pulled all the hoses,tanks twice and still can`t get all the Crap out.Used to plug the filter weekly.I changed them all six months ago_Oh well what do you expect for a $150 work truck.LOL.Jon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Not to majorly hijack but a buddy of mine bought a four door Volvo that was buried in a river bed over the roof line. He dug it out, changed the fluids and the damn thing started right up. His daughter drove it for years before she traded it in.

Ko hijack off.

Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan