Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel filters

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, Apr 4, 2002.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

How many fuel filters are on a 69 K5? I think I have one stopped up. I cleaned the one in the carb. are ther any others? My blazer has an aftermarket 37 gallon fuel I dont know the maker) tank i'm guessin there is one in there, but I cant do exploratory surgery because its my everday driver. I didnt see one in line, but I just had a quick look.

thanks in advance
    nathan

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

There is a sock in the tank on the pickup...they don't get cloged too often. The only other one is the one in the carb. I would try unhooking the line into the fuel pump and seeing if any fuel flows out. If it does the problem is the fuel pump or past it.

3. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

the one in the carb can make a bit of a difference if its clogged, it's very small, most people put one in line. its only like 4 bucks. and saves on replacing the in carb filter

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

It had gotten some more trash int the filter. I have to figure out where it is coming from. i will have the .350 ready in 2 weeks or so so I might just nurse it.

thanks
    nathan