Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel in the Crankcase twice!! URGENT HELP NEEDED

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82Jimmy, Feb 25, 2001.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Well [censored], today I went and checked the oil and it was fuel, smelled like gas, and the crank case is fuel of gas. The fuel pump you think? Hell no 3 changed in 2months. I don't know what to do.

..........and one time at band camp.........

2. Rayven90

Rayven90 Registered Member

Sounds like there could be a Ring problem allowing the fuel to pass by and enter the crankcase. Could possibly be a severe case of blo by depending ont the amount of mile that is on the engine.

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

If you have a mechanical fuel pump, chances are the diaphram has been ruptured and is now pumping fuel into the crankcase. A fuel pump is cheap, replace it before you ruin your engine. This would be my guess.

Another place to check. If you have a Quadrajet, it could be leaking after the engine is shut off. There are plugs inside the Quadrajet between the base and main body that sometimes need expoxied to keep them from leaking. Most carb kits provide this epoxy.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

4. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

You don't by chance have a Holley on top do you [​IMG]?

[​IMG]<font color=red> Elkboy</font color=red> [​IMG]

5. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Are these plugs at the bottom of the secondary metering rods? I just redid my Q-Jet and noticed holes in each of these plugs. They weren't machined or drilled, they looked like something had pushed through them.

Smitty

6. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

If you have already changed the fuel pump then try replacing your intake gaskets.

Jeff427
    <font color=red>Mud Dog Off Road Club</font color=red>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddogoffroad.coloradok5.com>http://muddogoffroad.coloradok5.com</A>