Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Injected 454 guys- Emissions #'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Sample, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

Fuel Injected 454 guys- Emissions #\'s

TBI or Vortec

Could you guys, that are running whether it is stock, modded or swapped, list what your engine's emissions numbers are. I am planning on a dropping in a 454 into the K5. The Blazer originally came with a 305, so it has to be able to still put out as little pollutants as a 305.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: Fuel Injected 454 guys- Emissions #\'s

Not trying to butt in, because I have little to offer you based on your question, but I don't think I'd trust any emissions numbers you get.

There are WAY too many stories of people going from one emissions station to another and failing at one, and passing at another, (same day, same vehicle, no changes) for me to believe that the calibration on the testing machines is worth a hoot.

I also see way too many "my 454 cubic inch monster passed with less emissions than a civic" statements (and sometimes numbers to back it up) to believe the emissions stations are shoddily run.

Some places may be different, but I'd be willing to put money up that if you take the same vehicle to two different testing locations, the numbers turn up significantly different. I'm not on an anti-government soapbox, but more than anything anymore, emissions testing is a money maker, and thats it.

3. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: Fuel Injected 454 guys- Emissions #\'s

I don't have the numbers, but every year I'm only a small fraction of the limits. I don't think you will have any problem meeting emissions.