Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel injection for BBC?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by XtrmChevy, May 19, 2003.

1. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

Ok so now I have a 427 from -69 with oval port heads, maybe minor porting done, I am not sure. Comp cams hydr advertised duration 268 Holley 850 (not spread bore) 11-1 compression (we have 98 octane here) headers.

Talk about power compared to the old 350! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

But the Holley does not like going offroad and/or jumps /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Is there really anything there to be done to the carb? FI would really be nice to have but $$$$ /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

A friend told me I need the TBI of a 454 but they are hard to find...

What FI are there to be considered? Cost, ease of installation and user friendlyness?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

lots places can hook you up with TBI setups for say $1000 I think. Sure its not cheap cheap but hey you get what you pay for. Even if you source a 454 setup you still have to get your chip reprogrammed. Holley makes the Truck Avenger carb which comes in a 770, not sure if that will work for you. I haven't heard of any experiences with it though.

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I think the best EFI setup is the Electromotive with DIS
    remove the ancient distributor as well

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have a Holley 900cfm projection on my 454. so far, so good. very basic system. I bought it used from a guy who had it on a small block. was way to much! got a great deal.
    They say that Holley carb is "supposed" to work good, but haven't heard of anybody running one.

5. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

Thanks all for the replys.

If I just could find the throttle body for a 454, the rest is no problem. You must all remember that when it costs $1000 in the US it is around $2000 when I can put my hands on it/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.

mj I did not say it but I have a HEI distributor on it.

There is no cheap way /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif