Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Injection Hose - TBI

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by btolenti, Sep 1, 2005.

1. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

Gentlemen,

Would you consider this an acceptable connection from FI hose to tubing?
    Would double clamping it help?

This is for TBI.

:pimp:

IM000871.JPG

2. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

ive seen stuff like that before but the line had a barb on it. 13 psi isnt a lot but it would suck if the line came off rendomly. :yikes:

3. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

yeah I am very hesitant to proceed like that.... Unfortunately I can't find anyone that sells a 3/8" inverted flare to 3/8" hose barb....or a 5/16 inverted flare to 5/16" hose barb.... :doah:

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Do yourself a favor and make sure you use high pressure fuel hose even though it is only 15 psi and also use a flaring tool to put a small ridge on the tubing.

5. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Do like 4x4 high says. A few places sell high pressure fuel line. TBI only requires a small amount of pressure (like 13 psi, or 15-17 if your running a high pressure setup.) I wouldd try to try to get some nice stuff like 4x4 high suggested...but if you cant....run the best rubber fuel line you can get....double clamp it everywhere you can...and youll be good. Just my $.02 though.
    -Harrison

6. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

BTW...that picture you have...double clamp that for sure. you dont want to burn your rig down.
    -Harrison

7. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Is this from the throttle body? If so, Turbo City do barbed fittings that screw into your throttle body so you can run rubber lines. I've got them on mine. Where i had to fit the rubber lines to the original gas tank lines I pushed the hose on as far as I could and used 2 good clamps on each.

8. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

The pic is just so I could get some advice. I will need to do that where the hardline is at the frame.....to get it to the TBI unit, which does have the turbocity fittings. I also need it at the other end of the hardline where it turns back to rubber line to get to the fuel tank.

9. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

you'll be ok with a couple of good clamps on a snug fitting hose. If you can rent a flair tool just put a flair on there for safety. I roughed mine up a bit with course emery paper too.

10. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

OK, so I found inverted flare unions and 3/8" inverted flare to 3/8" hose barb adapters at Napa....so the pressure line will be okay.

Unfortunatley, I couldn't find any 5/16" inverted flare to 5/16" hose barb adapters anywhere....so I think I am stuck plumbing the return line like you guys have previously suggested (put a small ridge on the tube with my flaring tool and use two hose clamps).... Hopefully that will hold up. I think it should be okay, since the return line should be less pressure than the feed line.

Thanks again for the help, gents... :bow:

IM000873.JPG