Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Injection Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tiger9297, Nov 1, 2004.

1. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Have a 90' K-5 w/ TBI injection. About to replace engine. Would like to have about 400 plus h.p. but I don't want to butcher my truck by disconnecting everything from my computer as I would have to do by going with a carb. The Edelbrock multipoint systems are kind of expensive. I've heard that Howell makes a TBI much like the stock one but with 750 CFM. I could change the manifold and go with that?? Computers on trucks cause many problems. Would welcome any suggestions. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

A Howell or Holley or a 454 TBI will help flow more air to get better performance out of a TBI system. Your stock TBI isn't going to cut it as you probably already know. Will the Howell or whoever's TBI be capable of 400HP, I don't know.

Multiport is the better form of FI and makes more power. If you can afford a multiport system that will be better to make the power you are after.

A TBI system with some mods can be made to give pretty good power but it still has its limitation.

Harley

3. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

I run the edelbrock multi port kit #3500. Its the four barrel kit and flows 1000cfm. I am very happy with it and the performance of my k5. It is a little hard to get adjusted and running correctly but once you get it right it works great. The only bad thing is the cost of it. I paid
    $2079 for mine. It does come with most of the stuff you need but i did need some small stuff. One of the things i liked was the fact of the stand along computer for making changes and watching the system.

4. cabby

cabby Newbie

problems with edelbrock system

we bought a edelbrock fuel injection system for our 69 ford bronco. it is installed, but wont run. we put it in the shop and the mechanics could not figure it out either. the computer said that the electrical going to the distributor was working, however, the distributor was not sending any response back. we have had numerous people attempt to get it started and cannot seem to get any help from the manufacturer. do you have any suggestions since you said that yours was a little difficult to get going at first? thanks for your time.

Very frustrated,
    abby