Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Injection Scavenging

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chosen(1), Jul 16, 2003.

1. chosen(1)

chosen(1) 1/2 ton status

I am more-than-likely going to be scavenging the fuel injection off my future father-in-law's '87 'burb. What I need help with is making a good list of all the parts I need to get. The truck is a 6 hr. drive from me, so I don't want to forget anything.
    I know I need to get:
    intake (TB injectors etc. etc.)
    as much harness as possible
    computer
    fuel sender/pick-up/pump

I know there is other stuff. Please add whatever I will or might need to make this as painless as possible.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    as much harness as possible

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you need to get ALL of the injection harness. You need to pull the dash out, and pull the entire fuse panel. If you cut stuff off, you'll have to try and remember where it goes.

Get the tank, save yourself time. The baffle may be broken, but you've got to pull the tank to get the sender and fuel lines out anyway. Yes, you need to get the fuel lines, so get a set of tubing wrenches. Don't half ass it now, or you will spend a lot more money and time trying to fix the problems later on.

Anything you mess up now means you'll PAY to fix later. Besides, *I'll* have no sympathy if you come back asking for a wiring diagram if you try and take the easy way out and cut parts of the harness. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

For the novice removing the entire harness is the way to go...but you can cut out just the efi portion and modify the harness...

DW