Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel injection...yes I serched

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Jul 30, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Well seeems every one in AZ is has fuel injection except me /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The confusion starts with my motor, its a 396bb.

So will a 454 set up work? Even if it does while serching some people say that I have to replace the cam, others say no, this gets confusing. None of the other post mention a 396 too /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Can I use a electric fuel pump instead of the sending unit inside of a tank? Or is there a reason more people dont do this? I feel this would be more accesable than one located in a tank under my body. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Also after talkin to a few people I feel that Holly's set up isn't for me because of the whole computer involement, so what other companies are out there?

If you feel this was a waste of bandwith dont respond, I just was had nothing else to ponder at 2 in the morning other than this. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

any BBC system can work. fuel curve would need to be worked on.

external fuel pumps are better, IMVHO, cuz when (not if) the pump goes out, it is easier to replace.

Holley systems can work well, but seem to take more tuning time. if you get a screaming deal on one, they are still good enuff to run.

3. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

A BBC TBI would work fine. The cam may or may not work depending on how radical it is (you need a certain anount of vacuum to run a TBI system). External fuel pumps work fine, they are generally more expensive than an in-tank pump though. I recommend staying with the factory system for everything possible, cheaper and spares available in more places. BBC TBI systems are not cheap or easy to find in my opinion. You have to be patient and persistent. I think part of the availability problem is that a lot of people take the 454 TBI unit and put it on there 350's for performance gains.