Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel injection

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by 4x4k20, Dec 9, 2005.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i want to fuel inject my truck it has a 383 stroker with the vortec heads 10to1 compression .. so someone who has a fuel injection kit let me know what i need to do to fuel inject my truck. it has a jet performance carb. on it now it does fine but it has always has a slight stumble on part throttle i cant stand it :doah: so i am ready to buy a fuel injection kit and i need to know from you the ones that are running one . my truck is a 79 model with dual tanks ..:1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

2. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I have pretty much the same engine (high compression 383 stroker w/ Vortec heads) and I have a Holley ProJection 4D EFI system on it. It's an OK system, but I'm always having to fiddle with the tuning, and it never gives the right amount of fuel at the right time.

I just bought a cable to where I can hopefully hook up my laptop to the ECM and see what it's doing wrong so I can tune accordingly.

My best recommendation would be to avoid this Holley system.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Might give these guys a call or Email:http://www.affordable-fuel-injection.com/
    They have some nice kits at very reaonable prices. I am not running one of their FI systems but I have heard nothing but good about them. I have had them do some injector work for me and was pleased with their work.
    Plus they are a vendor here on CK5 and members get a discount.