Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Injection

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by denver75k5, Mar 10, 2002.

1. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

I was thinking of buying the Holly proJection for my blazer (its got a Edelbrock 750 carb) My problem is that it sais it's only good to 275hp and I have a GM 350HO crate motor with 300hp in mine, not to mention the Crane gold race roller rockers headers, air gap manifold, ect, wich probley bump up the hp a llittle more. If i do get this kit, will it kill my HP a lot?
    Since it's a 2 barrel kit I assume it will give me a lot better low end and mabey some mid, but I guees i just dont want to choke my 350 !!!
    Any input??

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I would go with a (link) <a target="_blank" href=http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/C950/C950TB/950-22S.html> Holley Comander TBI Kit</a>
    It is a lot better than the pro-jection it costs more but it is a way better unit.

3. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Hello TJ
    I ran one on my FJ-40 with a 383 and 400sb This was when they first came out anyway it work great for me I was running a Q-jet that I spent a lot of time tuning, After I put it on I never looked back. The one thing I would do is get the Closed loop kit Mine would at times load up at some high altitude's the Closed loop was said to stop that,but never got it on to say for sure. The one your looking at is what 690cfm right you could go up to the four bbl. projection thats about 900cfm.
    Hey if you get time give me a call I would like to get the measuerment of your spring pads

Eric

4. denver75k5

Ya, im going cheap!! Just want something that I can run upside down ya know!

5. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

i just completed an installation of the 2d system on my 350. i followed the directions and didnt have any problems, until the ECU died on me. yup, the computer crapped out after one day of use. for that one day it ran great! strong, quick throttle response, cold starts, very little tuning required, but...

they are overnighting a new one under warranty exchange, should be here tuesday. thats just my experience with the holley pro-jection, so far.

6. denver75k5

hmm , thanks for the info, just went and orderd mine.