Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Leaks!!!

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by txsbuckeye6.2, Sep 19, 2006.

1. txsbuckeye6.2

txsbuckeye6.2 Registered Member

Where can I get good fuel line ? I'm tired of the black rubber ones that are marked fuel line rated but after a period of time they always seem to leak. Are there ones made just for diesel fuel,if so where can I get them?

txsbuckeye6.2

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

costly ...

My brother maintains a fleet of Macks..he uses silicone hose on all the trucks for water and radiator hoses,I'm fairly sure the fuel lines he uses are either silicone, or some kind of diesel rated neoprene hose thats about 5 bucks a foot!...:eek1:

I've used fuel injection hose on my 6.2 and it seems to be holding up quite well..I agree the "fuel line" sold at parts stores is cheap crap lately--I used to trust it for tranny coolers,but you cant any more..its too cheesy..the fuel injection rated hose is better quality,but is also 3-5 bucks per foot!..

I've heard Tygon is pretty tough too,but costs the same..I'd try a "big rig" truck supply house,and see what they use and sell...:crazy:

3. txsbuckeye6.2

txsbuckeye6.2 Registered Member

Thanx!! 3-5 bucks a foot is not too high if it works!!!

txsbuckeye6.2

4. CrewCab59

CrewCab59 1/2 ton status

There is a fuel line for made for diesel,any heavy equipment ,farm dealer ship will have it.