Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel line componets

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chebywanna, Jul 23, 2003.

1. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

im trying to figure this out, on fuel lines where a pump and a reulator is used how is that suff set up, is it first pump then regulator, carb and then return line, or is it more coplicated than that (i don't know how axactly the regulator works eather, does it just stop access preassure by blocking it or does it dump the access somewhere?) yeah im a noob in this stuff /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Overall, it does work basically the way you described.

[ QUOTE ]
    (i don't know how axactly the regulator works eather, does it just stop access preassure by blocking it or does it dump the access somewhere?)

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer to this depends on what you buy, basic regulators do not have a provision for a return line. Some pumps can come with the return set up, you can also buy a bypass valve to use instead of a regulator. I've always heard that running a return line helps pump life by keeping it cooler.

I personally used a Holley "blue" pump run to the carb with a Barry Grant bypass valve on the out going side of the carb dual line, this dumped fuel back to the fuel cell.

Try to get a Barry Grant parts catalog, there are several diagrams of recommended set ups printed in the back of the catalog. These diagrams along with the ability to see the parts pictures and explained helped me a lot when I was setting up my system.