Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel line connection on pump?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by seslick77, Jul 26, 2002.

1. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Was wondering what the smaller connection in between the feed and return connections is for. What do I hook it up to? Only have 2 lines to the tank. Truck was a diesel and now it has a 400sbc. Is it another return or a vent? Can I cap it or does it gotta go somewhere? Thanks! Sam

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Some GM mechanical fuel pumps had 3 fittings. Inlet, outlet and return to tank. It kept plenty of fuel flowing through the lines all the time, to help prevent vapor lock. I don't know if the pump would care or not if you blocked the return line. The other option is to get another pump that just has the inlet and outlet fittings.

3. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Cool thanks Harry!! Well I figured it out... Went out and looked a little closer and found the return line..Duhh!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Guess I need to quit working in the garage till 11 PM!! Got the motor dropped in and bolted on!! Now I gotta figure out how to wire it and mount my diesel power steering pump! Well I'm off to Lowe's to find some bolts and something to use as a spacer!!