Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel line fittings/connections

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chebywanna, Nov 19, 2003.

1. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

here goes my "never did that before" problem

i have a motor and a fuel pump out of a 98 camaro (V8) that i need to hook together, i have the original lines too but its too short after re-routing.

the original setup is using those clip on connections and performance/after market stuff uses AN fittings, i don't want to get anything from inline tube or any of those becouse they don't have blue prints for the setup, and i don't feel like going through the pain of it.

so i want to use that braided hose deal that holley has the thing is they use the AN fittings, how can i go from one to the other? adapters? anyone has those? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

EDIT: AN or NA? can't ever remember /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Couple ways to deal with this. What I did on the '99 LS1 in a '87 YJ was to cut the specially formed end of the stock tube off. Bought some 3/8" & 5/16" Inverted Flare tube nuts from the parts house and flared the tubing. Once you've got inverted flare you can adapt into anything else.

To go directly from the tube into an AN male fitting takes a Swagelok fitting. They aren't cheap, but they are very well made and you will never have trouble with them.

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Here's what you need right HERE
    They convert the GM Saginaw fitting to a AN fitting.
    [​IMG]

4. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

all right, i can see doing the inverted flare on the fuel pump end, but how did you get the motor end? thats hose, or..... could chop it in the middle extend as needed...but thats extra connections, and every connection is a possible leak. so let that be last resourt.

BobK, those won't work, the o ring end works on LT1 motors (what my younger bro just said, i wouldn't know) but LS1s used some slide on and clip in place crap, if i see it right.

thanks for the info, from all the places i called you guys are the only ones that helped.
    im gonna poke at it tommorow again, and get some pics. in eather case i hope you guys are right, i like BobK suggestion best, that would be perfect, aka "even you can't screw that up". /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif