Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Line Flare Tool for TBI

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tys, Apr 5, 2003.

1. tys

tys Registered Member

Hey guys...I'm putting a TBI into a non-TBI vehicle. The TBI came with the hard to braided stainless fuel lines, which I'd like to use. I tried connecting my existing hard line to the stainless line, but it wouldn't work. Looks like it requires a special flared end w/o-ring (similar to the end which goes into the TBI). Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Chris

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The easiest solution may be to get the last few inches of hard line from a donor truck, then splice that into the existing hard line on your truck so that the flex line can be hooked up. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

and TBI system in stock form is around 9-13 PSI so you can rubber hose and hose clamp the system without worry.

good luck

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Or the other option is what i did twice now...donor fuel lines froma 87 to 91 K5...yes...that means the Chalet is allmost done... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

DW /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">You can buy 12" fuel line repair kits complete with o-ring flared end, male fitting and a coupler for about $12 a peice at your local Napa. This is how I hooked my home made lines to my TPI fuel rails

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I pieced mine using ends from a donor truck and common brake/fuel lines from the parts house.

7. tys

tys Registered Member

Thanks. I will stop over there in the next couple days to check them out. Need a fuel pump relay anyways!

Chris