Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FUEL LINE FREEZE UP

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MR.GADGET, Jan 9, 2002.

1. MR.GADGET

MR.GADGET Registered Member

My 89 K-5 350efi had a problem getting fuel the other day. It was around 12-14 Deg out with 12" new snow and it got up to temp and ran fine for a few miles then sound like it was running out of fuel over 2k rpm and then died. Had it towed and around 3-4 hours later gave it a look over tried to start it and it fired right up. Has done fine for the last few days. Filter and pump are somewhat new checked everything I can think of and the only thing that comes to mind is the fuel line or pump had ice in it. Anyone else have the same problem or something like that happen? Just the cold and water in fuel?

IF IT'S NOT AS BIG AS YOU ARE DRIVE OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

go buy some heat, and dump it in... if there is ice in the lines that will clear it up.

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I second the wookie. I had that problem in my Jeep last winter. Only when it was super cold out would it do what you're describing, and it went away after some drygas. Never even hinted at that kind of trouble in the summer or warmer months, though.

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    Prior signature burnt. This one on temporarily.

4. MR.GADGET

MR.GADGET Registered Member

Any chance of it being the fuel pump or the fuel pump relay? Most all the time the pump will just stop and thats it but dont know much about the relay or presure shutoff.

IF IT'S NOT AS BIG AS YOU ARE DRIVE OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Also make sure that the tube that goes from your exhaust manifold to the aircleaner is hooked up, and make sure that the air cleaner diverter valve is working, too. If either of these aren't in place, moist air can cause icing of your injectors.......

<font color=red>A POLAR BEAR ATE MY PET PENGUIN</font color=red>