Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Line Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am in the middle of a TPI swap and I have a question about the hard fuel lines that run alongside the passenger frame rail. I have an 85 carb motor in my truck now.

There are 4 hardlines that run along the rail. 1 is the brake line for the rear axle. 1 is the fuel line that supplied the fuel pump. What are the other two?

The 3 nonbrake lines appear to be fuel related because the have soft fuel line plumbed in about the middle of my frame. Any clues as which line is what? I assume that the largest line of the 3 will be the supply line. I will make sure though by tracing the line from the fuel pump back. Thanks

Harley

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

1 is a return line from the fuel pump. the other is the vent line to the charcoal canister. I removed the latter when I did my frame swap and plugged that line at the tank.

3. Hossbaby50

I am assuming that it returns to the tank right? Can I use this as my return for my TPI swap? Thanks

Harley

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yeah....but you already have one return line. Isn't that enough? Why do you need to use the vent line for a return when the factory already gave you a return line? IIRC, the vent line is the smallest of the three.

5. Hossbaby50

I was actually talking about using the return line as a return line. Sorry. I may have been a little confusing. Actually I am going to run another return line and just leave the factory lines alone. I wish I would have know about the factory return line before I went and bought a return line kit from Moroso and installed it. I didn't see the factory one till I was already installing it.

That Moroso return line was such a PITA to install that I am just going to use it since I already cussed and yelled and threw things over it. I can't return it either so I might as well use it. Thanks for the heads up on what the other lines are though. Now at least I can tell someone who is going to do this swap after me they don't need to run a return line. Thanks

Harley