Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel line ?? tank replacement

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bablazer73, Mar 25, 2003.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I am replaceing the tank in my blazer. I have to replace the hoses. It has 4 hoses. feed 3/8, return 5/15, vent 1/4, and a filler neck vent hose 5/8. I can get the 3 smaller hoses, but I am having a problem finding 5/8 fuel hose. what problem will i have running heater hose? I also don't have the charcoal canister anymore, how should I run the vent??I was thinking of running it high on firewall and just putting a small k@n style filter on it.

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

its hard to find fuel rated 5/8" let alone any other size hose, you can use regular 5/8" radiator heater hose, it will work, have noother way really, and some stores have prebent pieces of tht hanging around so you can find one with a 90 degree bend if needed and trim it as needed and use some old copper tubing or something to make your splices, or some old lauminum a/c line or something similar

3. jwingfield2k

jwingfield2k Registered Member

I've heard that marine (boat) stores have them.

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem and ended up using high pressure steel braided fuel line from a supplier of heavy equipment, they should have it for earth monvers and the like, It is also rubber coated and is serious stuff!

Wouldn't a radiator hose deteriorate if it isn't meant for gas? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

in about a year the petroleum will destroy the heater hose, you need hose thats at least rated for fuel vapor.

something all silicon would work $$