Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Lines and tire sizes

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jjtwuk, Aug 8, 2002.

1. jjtwuk

jjtwuk Registered Member

I need to replace my fuel lines from the tank to the pump and I was wondering what you guys are using on your rigs. Stock type pre-bent fuel lines or high performance upgraded lines? Just curious if its worth the extra money.

Also I saw someone say they had 33's without a lift - will they really fit?????

1972 K5 350 Auto

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I have 33X12.50 BFG A/Ts on my truck now with no lift, and they fit fine. I have not twisted it up to see if I can make them rub, but it is likely they would. Plenty mucho clearance for on road or light wheeling though.

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    The stock 3/8 hard lines is plenty unless your running some huge 700h/p beast of an eng. then I'd go larger.I have a mild 350 with TPI and I reused the stock fuel lines.
    I also have 33's on my stock suspended 71.No rubbing what so ever.I went 4x4ing for the 1st time at Blazer-Fest this year and didn't rub once,had it pretty flexed out too.At least as flexed out as you can go with stock suspension.

4. 1970Jimmy

1970Jimmy Registered Member

I am running 35's and have had just a little rubbing in the rear...of course I cut the fenders out quite a bit...

5. PGL4VT

PGL4VT Registered Member

33's will fit with no lift but they will rub as soon as you take it off road or turn into 7-11. You need at least 2.5" suspension lift to make 'em work right.