Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel lines for an 87 tbi blazer - hard lines from the frame

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by jjlaughner, Oct 16, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

just like it says, I'm looking for replacement lines for my 87 TBI K5 fuel to and return lines.

Also could use good brake hard lines.

let me know what you have /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

the brake lines are simple to make, double flaring kit are inexpensive and so is small tubing cutter, i make lines all the time here, theres little tricks here and there like if you need to reuse a threaded fitting because it is an odd size but if you cant get the fitting off the old tubing then take a drill bit same size as the line, IE. 3/16" or 1/4" and drill the old tubing out of the fitting, this also cleans them up so fitting will turn good on the new line. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif tubing bender is inexpensive too, and most of the time you dont relaly need one, usually i bend lines over large screwdriver handles or hammer handles, etc. unless need to be real tight bend,.

goodluck

3. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

I got an 86 frame out here, I know it's got the fuel lines on it, I'll look for the brake lines too.Not sure what it would package up in, but if interested let me know.

Conoverbandit

4. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    the brake lines are simple to make, double flaring kit are inexpensive and so is small tubing cutter, i make lines all the time here, theres little tricks here and there like if you need to reuse a threaded fitting because it is an odd size but if you cant get the fitting off the old tubing then take a drill bit same size as the line, IE. 3/16" or 1/4" and drill the old tubing out of the fitting, this also cleans them up so fitting will turn good on the new line. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif tubing bender is inexpensive too, and most of the time you dont relaly need one, usually i bend lines over large screwdriver handles or hammer handles, etc. unless need to be real tight bend,.

goodluck

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually I have the tubing bender I just dont want to hunt down the different sizes and try to cut them to length. I'm trying to get the plow truck rolling for it snows /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jjlaughner