Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel lines for TBI

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Itali83, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

I need the fuel lines for my 87 TBI that run from the sending unit along the frame. WHere do I buy them, I'd like to make them, but I know they don't have flared fittings like brake lines. also gotta have flex line to go from frame to tank and frame to motor. Are these lines going to be a dealer only part or where can I get them?? Thanks in advance!
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>

2. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I think that you will find that the fittings used are called "saginaw fittings" They resemble a double flare with an o-ring on it. I just went through a conversion on an '89 tbi tank. the tank fittings are male saginaw, a 3/8 and a 5/16. (Actually they are metric,but I don't remember the size.) GM has a saginaw coupler for each size. Local Chevy dealer hit me $15 for the pair. Earl's has a male saginaw to 6an for both sizes. At this point you can run an fittings or with common brass adapters convert to hose barbs. If you go with barbs get a high pressure hose like Earls Super Stock or somthing comparable.
    John

So MUCH to do, So LITTLE cash.

3. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

I had to buy some at GM. They are obviously direct fit so no hassles.I ordered them so don't knwo the price but just lettin ya'll know.
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>