Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Lines--TBI lines(hard lines), how to hook them up to carb?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PetaKane, Aug 9, 2002.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

In my never-ending saga of a stinkin motor swap, my next question is should I run new lines all the way from the pump, or can I somehow just run rubber lines from the ones that are already run? And how do I tell which one is the return line? And do I still need it hooked up even w/ the carb? Ouch that's alot of questions. I'll think of some more though, trust me. Thanks

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You can easily determine which line is the outlet by simply cycling the fuel pump with the lines disconnected to see which one has fuel coming out. Yes you can adapt the fuel line to your carb by adding a portion of fuel line to the carb and plugging the return line back to the tank. You also will have to remove the in-tank pump because it is too high of pressure for a carb application. The factory TBI pumps are about 13 PSI and a carb requires only about 6 PSI.