Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85 Jimmy, Sep 8, 2006.

1. 85 Jimmy

85 Jimmy Sheepdog Premium Member

Dec 31, 2005
    i'm still trying to get everything together for my TPI swap and when i think i'm wbout done i always think of something else that i need to do it...

anyway, when i swap the fi in i'm also putting in a new baffled tank and putting the fuel pump in the tank... my question is how much fuel line will i need to run all the way to the front and back??? and what line should i use? i have a 66 mustang and when i replaced the fuel line in that i just bought a 25' roll of aluminum fuel line, should i get that and bend it myself again? or should i just get some braided stainless line?
  2. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

Sep 28, 2003
    with TPI having such high fuel pressures, I would plumb with all new steel or aluminum line. If you really want to plumb with hose, make sure it is rated for high pressures (should say it's FI hose). The aluminum fuel line will be much cheaper than a comparable length of FI hose.
  3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

Nov 1, 2004
    if stock send / return line system. just swap out the carb low pressure rubber hoses for efi rated hose.

then use the return line as your return line. it only is bypass pressure. so free flow is all it needs.

if your stock line is rusty then change it with new.

if you only have a send line system then just use that line for return. then run a new hard line for send and use efi hose to make flex conections.

then making line and useing hose . dont forget to make a small half flare to help hold the hose from poping off the hard line.