Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel lines

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Dan, Dec 18, 2002.

1. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

here's the problem.needed to redo heads.put them back on when igot to the tbi the feul lines didnt match up.well i ended up stipping one i was wondering what to do .is it possible to cut lines and run rubber or something else.any suggestions. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Thats what the guy before me done to my new project truck. I dont like it though! It does hold up to the pressure for the EFI but I'm thinking of rerunning new hard lines and bend them myself in the spring. Another more expensive idea is Areoquip flexable lines (thats another idea I'm thinking about, it would be MUCH easier but more expensive). good luck, Jeremiah

3. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

thanks im going to try it .im really low budget at the moment ill see if it works i guess.then fix it right when get the money .don't know how much fuel line would cost .just need to get this thing running.thanks

4. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Make sure you get Fuel Injection (rated ~50psi I have seen 300PSI) type line. As opposed to carb type fuel line (rated at less than 20 psi).

I made this mistake a long time ago.... NOT FUN! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

thanks hope it works.