Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel mileage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by snacob14, Mar 13, 2005.

1. snacob14

snacob14 Newbie

Who here thinks they get the best mileage, or was suprised at how good their mileage was. Any good combinations for daily drivers. My 84 gets about 14 and i'm running an electric fan, brand new edlebrock carb, full on dual exhuast with dumps. sm465 gm crate 350 33's

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

14 mpg's is pretty good for an old full size. I think most here will agree that its how you drive it.

My 85 I had electric fans and electric fuel pump and all kinds of other stuff to try and get better mileage out of it but in the end the mileage reflected my mood more than the truck. Ya know how it is you feel a little urge to mash that pedal more than normal and woops, 8 MPG is back.:grin:

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i get about 16 with the TBI.. lottsa highway.. could be a tad better.. but i don't care, it's only gonna get worse in the future...

gassers got nothing on the diesel boys who will be posting shortly. ;)

4. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

I got 10-11 mpg in a 77 k20 sb400 th400 205 4.10 33 bfg.
    I got 14-15 in a 80 k5 350 350 205 2.73 35 bfg.
    The blazer was a lot lighter but I think it was mainly the 2.73 gears that gave the better gas mileage.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

good mileage-- BAD price!

I love my diesels mileage,16-20 mpg isnt bad for a truck that is 5500+lbs!--but its noisy,smelly,and isnt my first choice as a commuting rig--and the fact diesel fuel is now 2.25 and climbing,its not really that much more economical than a gasser that gets 15 mpg at 1.95 a gallon--they just want to see us all driving econoboxes I guess--looks like its a banner year for scooters,motorcycles,and small fuel efficient cars and trucks--

Did everyone here know april 1st is the "Drive your riding mower to work" day??--I heard about it on the news yesterday--gee,I could show off my Yard-Man 20hp hydrostatic (looks like a lemon on wheels with green letters!)--if I only had a job!!...:crazy: