Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel neck hose

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by the hulk, Aug 22, 2003.

1. the hulk

the hulk Registered Member

dose anyone know whare to get a new /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif hose that goes from the fuel neck to the tank http://members.cox.net/randyk72/

2. homemadesin

homemadesin 1/2 ton status

please, please post if you find out. I took out my fuel filler hose when replacing all the rubber in the rear. Unfortunately, NAPA, Advance, Checker don't have anything close. I can't find it in classic or lmc either.

3. blazerman

blazerman Registered Member

I had a very hard time finding one as well. Seems to me I ended up using a piece of special radiator hose or something like that. I can't remember what kind, the manager of the local machine shop recomended it. No problems yet and it's been 2 plus years.

4. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Silicone hose will work. Most heavy truck part's house's have silicone hose, and it is'nt real expensive, but it's fuel, and oil resistant.

5. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Call up North West Metal Products - they would probably sell you a length of it - they make custom fuel tanks, and a length of new hose came with the tank I bought from them...

6. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Here is their website:

http://www.nwmp.com/ They are pretty helpful people - and would probably gladly send you a piece for nothing (or next to nothing...)

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. homemadesin

homemadesin 1/2 ton status

IGOR: Thanks for the info. I called them and spoke with Wes. I don't know if I have one of their tanks or not, but it does have a 1-1/4" barb just like they use. The problem is the standard downspout on 72 Blazers is 1-3/8". WTF?