Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Pressure Gauge location?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigCountryx, Mar 25, 2006.

1. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

I bought an actron Fuel Pressure guage with the schrader valve adapter. My question is where have you guys installed this and did you leave the adapter in place? The instructions say to install it by the fuel filter, then remove it from the line when done. I thought I had read where people had installed the on the inlet to the TB and left it there for years w/o problem. Whats the concensus? Installing it by the TB would be more convenient it seems.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

3. BigCountryx

I've got one, that's what I'm asking about. Where should I install it and can I leave it inline? The directions say to put it by the fuel filter, but I would like to put it under the hood.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Well if you already have one you can install it inline wit hthe TB. They prolly say to install it by the FF and remove it to cover their ass from law suits in case it leaks all over a hot engine, starts a fire, and burns up the whole world. If you install it permanatly get a chrome or metal cap (the same kind you use on a tire air stem) for the Schrader valve to seal it up unless you plan on leaving the guage hooked up to it. But I dont recomend leaving the guage on cuz its just one more thing that can go wrong.Engine fires are a real bummer.

5. loafer

loafer 1/2 ton status

Here's where I put mine:D
    http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=11736&cat=500

I only wanted it for troubleshooting and tuning when converting to EFI, so I kept it under the hood. I'm running a Holley 4brl TBI and there are 1/8"NPT refference ports on both the high pressure and low pressure side of the fuel pressure regulator, so I just tapped into that.

6. BigCountryx