Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel pressure problem, cfm-tech stuff?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by camok5, Apr 6, 2005.

1. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just bought a bunch of stuff from cfm-tech( great stuff). Put a new throttle body on and a fuel pressure gauge. My gauge reads 15+ psi when cold 14.5 when warm then jumps back to 13 psi when my electric fans kick on, is this normal? i have headers, dual exhaust, spacer and K@N so I think I should be in the 14 psi range but not sure?

2. blazerguy 90

blazerguy 90 1/2 ton status

I would say its normal, electric fans draw alot of power when there on, its possible that the added draw of the fan at idle might lower the voltage to other accessories such as the fuel pump, wich would cause your fuel presure to drop a little. (I hope that makes sense) you might need a bigger alternater to make up for the added draw on the electrical system.

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i'll second what blazerguy said. get a bigger alt. and turn your pressure down to 14. your probly reading 15+ when cold causs you motor is spinning faster in "choke mode"...making you alt pump out more. a new/better battery might stablize things too

4. Canadianbuilder

Canadianbuilder Registered Member

I have been looking at cfm-tech parts to put on my suburban.Does your truck feel like its got much more power with the new parts?Does cfm-tech supply any documentation from dyno testing showing how much of an increase in horsepower and torque the parts should add to a tbi 350 ?I know on there website they claim an additional 40 hp for $300 or something like that,but they don`t show any dyno results or mention how much of an increase in torque the parts should add.I was also wondering if you are running a stock ecm or did you have a chip put in it?Maybe after you get some miles on it you could let us know if your fuel mileage is better or worse?

5. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

ive heard from other people on here with cfmtech parts that they felt a decent increase in overall power. better mileage too. i think mostly in the 1-2MPG range, some 3-4+.

i plan to buy some parts from them in the future, havent heard one bad thing about thier products so far.

6. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ok so i have figuered that i have to many accessories running off my alt and need to up grade. As for horsepower its hard to say but i can tell a big difference, its a lot more crisp and responsive feeling the fuel miliage is yet to be figured out because i have been on the gas to much to tell. Over all i love there stuff and would reccomend it to anybody on a budget looking for more horsepower. I also suggest going to the three wire co2 sensor because it took care of my idling problem and works great with the rest of their products.