Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel pressure regulator

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by therover87, May 9, 2002.

1. therover87

therover87 1/2 ton status

i have an 87 k5 blazer 350 tbi and i just replaced the fuel pump and i wanna change the fuel pressure regulator but i wanna be able to monitor it, i was looking at the hypertech one that is adjustable part #4014, should i go with that one or do you guys have a better idea

2. BADRED73-N-AZ

BADRED73-N-AZ Registered Member

holly makes one. I just put one on mine along with one of there feul pumps it works great.payed 25$ for the regulator it is ajustable. I also instald an inline feul presure gage to monitor it.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Is the Hypertech regulator a direct replacement for the stock regulator located in the Throttle body ?
    If it is it will work good. You can turn up the pressure up to 13 lbs if needed. I know of no way to hook up a guage to it so tuning one is trial and error. Just increase or decrease the pressure till your rig runs the best.
    Do not put an in line adjustable regulator on your fuel line. They will not work right with a TBI.
    I'm running an adjustable regulator on my TBI from <a target="_blank" href=http://www.turbocity.com/TBIPowerMain.htm>turbocity.com</a> It really helped me to dial in my engine to get better fuel flow because on the mods I did to my Intake and Exahust to get better flow.