Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel price

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by joez, Sep 24, 2004.

1. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

WTF is going on with diesel fuel prices? A week and a half ago i filled up for $1.85, which was already high. Today i pull in and its $2.25 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif How can it jump $.40 in less than two weeks, without effecting gasoline? This time last year i was paying $1.59. What really gets me is that regular unleaded actually DROPPED at one station. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Regular is running 1.85-1.90 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif How can independent truckers even afford to operate?

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

1.77 in NJ- 2 bucks in NY.

Regular was 1.77-1.80 in NJ: 2.00-2.20 in NY

Sucks but it gotta be done. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

There's some artificial price inflation I tell ya.

Winter's gonna be rough with an oil heater.

3. jp0863

jp0863 1/2 ton status Premium Member

$2.49 in fresno ca..... depending on where you go.. i drive about 15 miles away to get fuel at a truck stop for $2.07. insane i tell ya.. i think the truckers should strike and just stop in the middle of the fwy/hwy to make a point... especially since i dont use the freeways to get anywhere.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We're paying 74.9 cents per litre here. Doing the math that is roughly $2.16 per gallon (US dollars and US gallon)

Deisel prices rarely move around here, but gas prices are crazy. Every Friday for the last 18 months the price jumps up 12-20 cents per litre, then by Monday or Tuesday it's back down and by Thursday if you haven't filled up you know you're going to get screwed on Friday.

Friday price is 95.3 cents a litre ($2.75/gallon) thursday price is 76.9 cents a litre ($2.20/gallon.)

This happens at every station, every week.

Rene

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Its a good thing I only fill up every other month. The rest is on waste vegetable oil!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

With the warm temps you got out there, I'd consider that...

6. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

In the last 3 weeks we have gone from 1.74 to 1.97 a gallon. About the same time I swapped 4.10s for the 2.72s. Too bad I won't get to see the savings in my wallet that I am seeing in the fuel gauge.

7. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

1.84 here, it never goes much past 1.65 - 1.90 around here Gas is always screwy though. My truck is still busted so I havent filled it up latly.

8. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

1.69 / gal about a month ago. 2.25 / gal now. TOTAL BS!!! this winter looks real bad, I'll have to start driving my 10mpg car to save money on fuel. J/K