Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Prices:

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

ok, I dunno about the rest of the free world, but the news keeps saying `gas prices are climbing again, and have been raised 4 cents a gallon here in the valley' yet, at the gas station, everytime they mention something like that, I'm paying more like 4 cents a gallon less then I was before they complained on the news, and for some reason, its always `raised to 115/gallon'

Example1: (approx 1 month ago)
    news: Fuel prices have just gone up 4 cents a gallon, to 115 average for 87 grade fuel in the valley'
    my gas station of choice: 98 Cents/gallon

Example2: (approx 2 weeks ago)
    News: Fuel prices are on the rise yet again, coming on up to 115 average for 87 grade fuel in the Valley'
    My gas station of choice: 95 cents/gallon

Last night I paid 93 cent/gallon at a diamond shamrock that I usually pass because although its the cheapest general station around, its usually 2 cents more expensive then Costco's gas station... I needed fuel, and couldn't justify passing it up. as an FYI for you East Valley CK5ers, the Diamond shamrock of choice is the one on Guadalupe Rd, and McQueen(mesa Dr) on the Southwest corner.... ( and no, they don't have those stupid gas recycler nozzels that most cheap gas stations have)

what do fuel prices look everywhere else? and why the hell is the news so wrong about the prices of fuel? if thats a true average of prices, then that means some retards are paying over 125/gallon for cheap crappy gas ( prolly at Texaco, the worst gas EVER, IMHO)

-Rich

2. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

I'm filling up at Chevron in the Northwest corner for 99.9. Some Arco stations are at 95.9 right now for lawnmower gas.

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

on a side note, all fuel in Arizona gets pumped in through a single 24 inch pipeline from California. there is absolutely no difference between the crap texaco sells, and the crap Diamond Shamrock sells, except for crap that taxaco adds to thier gas. it all comes through the tube at 87 octane, and the companies add thier own goodies to make it `thier own gas'

I dunno if thats how any other states are, but it seems that most other places would have the same basic rule of thumb....

-Rich

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I filled up at 1.21 a gallon last night, it was 1.19 a week ago at the same place, so it is definately going up. I just read a few days ago that opec was going to slow production again to try and get the price up again...

Jersey along rt 15 was sportin' 1.05, and PA had it for 1.14 a weekend ago.

5. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

i fill up at about 95 cents a gallon in NW georgia

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> It's been as low as 96 cents a gallon around here about 2 weeks ago !

7. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I'm paying 1.21

8. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Here in good old Taxachusetts I just paid $1.31/forums/images/icons/frown.gif

9. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

hey where in massachusetts do you live...i'm in worcester and i pay $1.13 and a Hess

10. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

It's $1.15 here....for now. But with tourist season approaching, I'll bet it goes up to about $1.30 or higher before long.

11. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

Gas in the San Fernando Valley CA is apprx 1.35 per gallon for regular

Chris M