Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Problem?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KMH87K5, Mar 28, 2002.

1. KMH87K5

KMH87K5 Registered Member

My 87 K5 350 TBI seems to me to have a fuel problem, or lack of fuel problem. When I am on the highway at cruising speed with little throttle, the truck starts to "buck" a little bit, but if I give it some gas, it will smooth out. It feels like it is not getting enough fuel. Also, if i am in a line of traffic and have to move up, I'll give it a little gas and when I get off the gas, the rpms want to drop to zero and it starts to stall, so I have to two foot it. It seems to idle fine in neutral, but not so good in gear. I just sprayed the TBI with cleaner, put in a new air filter, and the fuel filter is not that old. Any suggestions on the source of the problem or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Sounds like a fuel pump going bad.

3. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    When was the last time the O2 sensor was replaced? It screws into the exaust just after the manifold and tells the computer how much o2 is in the exaust. Also, has your check engine ligt come on? Check the codes in the computer to find out. All you need is a little wire jumper that plugs into ALDL connector under the dash by the e-brake release. Then the check engine light will flash and it will let you know what codes are stored in the computer. Do a search on here or buy a service manual of some kind and it will explain it in more detail.

Sparky

ps... fill out your bio so somebody dosent get pissed at you. some people dont like that around here.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Almost sounds like it could be an EGR problem too. Hook a scanner up to the computer and see what the numbers look like. Thats what the connector is for under the dash.