Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel problem?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dresdin, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Dresdin

Dresdin Newbie

I need help getting her running again. My 85 K5 suddenly has a problem going up hills. It starts lagging right after downshifting and then sometimes totally stalls out. The fuel pump is working, and fuel filter is new... Where should I go now? I've heard about another filter in the tank causing problems... Anyone have experience with that?

BTW... This forum is awesome, I'm glad I found it.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

How many miles are on the fuel pump? There's a chance that the diaphragm could be getting weak. Combine that with heat-soak and it's starting to look like vapor lock brought on by hard uphill pulls. If you have a 305, there's a good chance that the cam lobe that powers the fuel pump is worn and is contributing to your fuel starvation problem.

The filter in the tank is a sock-style filter that keep the bigger chunks of crud from entering the fuel lines.

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

One more hint, brother. Fill out your profile so that the rest of us know a bit more about you. Location is important because we have members worldwide and one may live a couple of blocks away from you...... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif