Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel pump fitting

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sickquad, Sep 25, 2004.

1. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Can anyone tell me what the size of the fitting is coming out of the stock fuel pump.

I'm trying to get an old motor running and I cannot figure out what the fitting size is. The previous owner of the motor was a major hack so they could just be screwed up, but from what I see they look good.. I've tried every possible thread size and I cannot get anything to catch more than a half thread.

-Chris /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Is there a chance you're using fine threads on a coarse threaded fitting, or vice-versa?

3. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

No, they look like they should fit, definitely not mismatching threads.

I just looked at the pump on my truck and they are different. I know mine is a stock replacement, so maybe the reason I am having problems is because this thing is aftermarket? Are there metric pipe threads or something?

-Chris

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

If you mean the fuel pump for a carbed engine,nearly every one I have dealt with had 5/16 or 3/8 female inverted flare fittings(threads would be 1/2x20 for 5/16,9/16-18 for the 3/8)--so regular brake/fuel lines should go right in--if its an aftermarket pump,it might be metric,or even pipe thread--but I've never run into one (yet!).If its EFI,you got me- /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif-I'm still driving carburated vehicles--too new for me!. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif