Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel pump opening types....

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by chebywanna, Feb 26, 2004.

1. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

here is the skinny
    i need/want to mount a 98 camaro (v8) fuel pump in a pickup style fuel tank. the fuel pump basicly bolts onto the tank and all the tanks ive seen so far have a twist on locking ring type thing. (i know there are easyer ways to accomplish this but i want it this way)
    today i found out that fuel tanks in pickups are the same from 88-00, 01 is one of a kind, and the guy wouldn't work with me anymore (and it took him 2 min to dig up this much info).
    so does anyone know if the camaro style fuel tank opening was ever shared with a pickup? i was hoping that EFIs would share fuel pumps but it seams to be not so. (opening is my only concern at the moment, i will deal with depth later).

and how much preassure do the EFI P/U truck pumps put out? (96 and up)

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

why not a camaro fuel tank as well?? too small?

3. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

im putting it into a 77 k20, sorry should have included that, need a PU tank, i could stick the camaro tank where the spare used to be but i don't like the chances of landing fuel tank first on something as i drag my butt over it, and as far as the bed goes, i have othere plans for it.