Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel pump prob.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazd88, Jun 28, 2004.

1. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

started my truck saterday morning it ran fine for about five seconds then died. tried to start again and it turns over no sound from fuel pump. so i emptied the tank(just filled of course) changed pump put gas back in and still nothing. the only sound is from the fuel pump relay under the hood. where do i go from here? where is the fuel pump fuse (if there is one)?
    thanx /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

just had this exact prob-i emptied tank, 1/2 full-changed pump, no go-changed relay and bam started-i was in a hurry or i would have checked all the electrical 1st, but oh well

3. monte0172

monte0172 1/2 ton status

I would have to agree on this. the relays are almost as common as the fuel pump itself to be replaced. Sometimes though you can repair them if you can get it apart. Its usually just the contacts that are either burnt or rusted more than likely the latter. Good luck!!

4. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

damn ignition module /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

There is a pigtail on the fuel pump relay that you can bypass the relay. You can jump from the battery or any constant hot to the pigtail and the fuel pump should run. I would start there to confirm that the fuel pump is working and the problem is elsewhere.